Some things make me chuckle. Like the common threads we see in movie after movie after movie… that don’t seem to match real life.
For example, in movies:
- All grocery bags contain at least one loaf of French bread.
- The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will think of looking for you there, and you can easily travel to any part of the building.
- You’re likely to survive any battle– unless you make the mistake of showing off a picture of your sweetie back home.
- The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris, just as the Capitol and the Washington Monument can be seen from any window in Washington, D.C.
- A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
- The chief of police will always suspend his star detective, which is because a detective cannot solve a case unless he has been suspended.
- It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are visiting.
- You can always find a chain saw when you need one.
- Any given weapon contains 10 times as much ammunition as would normally fit in the magazine.
- During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
- One police handgun beats five bad-guy automatic weapons.